Location: Telecommute; preferably based in Thailand or within Southeast Asia
Hours : Full-time
Contract: Fixed Term
Salary : Negotiable
The Communications Officer is expected to:
- Elaborate and implement communication strategies and plans, in accordance with the objectives of the project.
- Assist in the development of a communication plan to raise awareness of tobacco industry interference.
- Manage media/press relations overall:
- Expand and maintain a global and regional media network
- Maintain/ engage with diverse local media contacts particularly in Bloomberg priority countries for tobacco control.
- Draft, distribute, and pitch press releases
- Develop and update regularly a press and media contact information database; maintain networks with journalists
- Monitor the press regularly for coverage and opportunities
- Contribute to the editorial calendar, monitoring upcoming news agenda and contents related to key messages of GGTC and its STOP project, which will be shared with appropriate audiences.
- Respond to enquiries from the media in liaison with the executive director.
- Evaluate effectiveness of campaigns and produce media reports.
- Set up and manage media interviews, press briefings, press events, and photo calls.
- Draft statements, Q&A, op eds, briefs, when required.
- Oversee and expand online presence as well as ensure maximization of ongoing media opportunities for the project:
- Expand the social media network
- Contribute to social media channels and online communities, developing contents, scheduling contents,and engaging with the community to build a vibrant, interactive audience.
- Provide the opportunity to share, collaborate, and amplify public relations materials through partners’ channels
- Contribute to the production and management of website contents.
- Undertake marketing communications and produce information materials
- Write, edit, and proofread communication materials, including newsletters, leaflets, flyers, booklets,posters, banners, etc.
- Manage the print and production process of communication materials when required.
- Facilitate in the development of materials
- Take the lead in specific events and campaigns, including special events management.
- Support partnerships development and build communications/ media partnerships
- Undertake the following internal communications tasks:
- Draft periodic updates/reports.
- Maintain a flow of internal reporting on activities across the organization.
- Establish and maintain a consistent range of impact statistics about project work and ensure that they are updated and used consistently across the organization.
- Support and develop evaluation systems to measure the impact of communications, and produce reports when required.
- Perform other related functions
25 January 2019 (Friday), 5:00 pm (Bangkok time)
Applicants will be required to declare employment ties with and/or financial contributions received from the tobacco industry to prevent potential conflicts of interest.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV, letter of interest, and other work-related credentials in English to email@example.com, with the subject line “Communications Officer” not later than 25 January 2019, 5:00 pm (Bangkok time).
Please include your salary expectations. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 31 January 2019.